To put it briefly, electronic government (eGovernment) is a modern government, reform, and for the people, effective operations, efficient, provide better services based on ICT applications. As defined by the World Bank, the “e-Government is the government agency uses a systematic way to implement ICT relations with citizens, businesses and social organizations. Transaction whereby government agencies and citizens and organizations will be improved about quality. The benefits will reduce the corruption, strengthen the publicity, convenience, contributing to growth and cost reduction.”
Join the eGovernment includes 3 subjects: people, government and businesses. The interactive relationship between the three entities, including:
– G2C: Government Relations with people.
– G2B: Government Relations with businesses.
– G2G: Relations between Government agencies together.
The basic goal of eGovernment is to improve work processes in government agencies through electronic administration, improve relations with people through e-citizens and towards to building a knowledge-based society IT platform. The development of e-government through several different stages. Depending on the stage (implementation and maintenance) and the complexity which was adds to, but worth giving citizens and businesses also increased (in part, by increasing the government may have more resources direct or indirect).
An e-government model has been widely used, by consulting and research firm Gartner built, only four stages (or period) the development of e-government.
– Info: in the early stages, eGovernment means presence on the site and provide information to the public (right). Brought value was that the public can access information from the Government, the process becomes more transparent, thereby improving the quality of service. With G2G, government agencies can exchange information with each other through electronic means, such as the internet or intranet.
– Interaction: In the second stage, the interaction between government and citizens (G2C and G2B) adopted many different applications. People can communicate directly via email, use the search engines, download forms and documents. These interactions help to save time. In terms of business, eGovernment started with online trading applications. At this stage, the internal processes (G2G) have been redesigned to provide better services. The government needs the new laws and regulations to allow implementation of the transaction are not using paper documents.
– Metabolism: fourth stage is when all systems are integrated information and the public can enjoy G2C and G2B services in a transaction table (virtual trading point). At this stage, cost savings, efficiency and meet customer needs has achieved the highest level as possible.